This page provides information about choosing the right toys for your dog. There are many articles online about toy safety, choosing toys based on the size of your pet, and many other related topics. Choosing the right toys for your dog with an eye to safety is important. Katie Blue included some great links to get you started on your Toy Quest!
- Are your dog’s toys poisoning him or her? This article is about chemicals in toys! This is something we should pay attention to. Smell the toy before you buy it and if it smells like chemicals, don’t buy it! Dogington Post – Are your dog’s toys poisoning him? The take away from this article is to look for BPA-free dog toys! Examples of such toys (listed in the article) include Planet Dog, West Paw Design, Jolly Pets, Premier Pets, and Chewbar. Although Katie Blue has not used any of these brands, they look like they may be worth checking out.
- My Club Canine – Choosing Safe Toys
- Humane Society – How to Pick the Best and Safest
- For the safety of your pets, always supervise them when they are playing with toys.
- If a toy becomes torn and the stuffing is coming out, discard the toy immediately to prevent choking on the stuffing.
- Buying the cheapest toys for your pet in the store or online may not be the best for them. Smelling them, making sure they are BPA-free, and in good condition are paramount.